The Swiss Society for Quaternary Research CH-QUAT is open for all who are interested in Quaternary Research. CH-QUAT follows in the footsteps of the Swiss Commission on Quaternary Research (SKQ), which represented Quaternary scientists of Switzerland during the years 1987-2009.
The mission of CH-QUAT is to provide a platform for communication and knowledge exchange between researchers who work with Quaternary topics. The leading theme of our activities is Mankind-Environment-Climate. Our society is dedicated to establishing interdisciplinary research networks within Switzerland and to extending our connections with organizations abroad. In collaboration with the Swiss Academy of Sciences (scnat) a dialog between science, practice and the society is reinforced. One of the most important tasks of our society is to support the new generations of scientists dedicated to the Quaternary.
- Annual meetings
- Multi-day excursions
- Establishing working groups for specific research themes
- Discussing and establishing recommendations for ethical scientific conduct
- Planning of courses for continued education in specific areas of Quaternary research
- Organization of talks on Quaternary topics for the public
- Awarding of travel stipends for young researchers to participate in international conferences and for fieldwork