Geneva and Chamonix
Our CH-Quat Fieldtrip took place with beautiful weather from Friday to Saturday, May 27-28, 2016 bringing us to Lake Geneva and the Chamonix valley. A total of 15 CH-QUAT members participated in the excursion. We visited various places in the city of Geneva and went on a boat trip on Lake Geneva. During the second day in Chamonix, the excursion took us to the impressive and beautiful 'Aiguille du Midi' and the 'Mer de Glace'.
Dr. Stéphanie Girardclos (organizer), Département des sciences de la terre - Université de Genève
Dr. Pierre Corboud, Laboratoire d'archéologie préhistorique et anthropologie - Université de Genève
Dr. Philip Deline and Dr. Ludovic Ravanel, Laboratoire EDYTEM - Université Savoie Mont Blanc
Friday, May 27
- meeting point: Geneva train station
- Boat trip with the Neptune on Lake Geneva
- Glacial, lacustrine and archeological history of Lake Geneva
- afternoon: transfer to Chamonix and hotel by minibus (1h15)
Saturday, May 28
- Morning: Visit of "Aiguille du Midi" (permafrost and instabilities) and walk to Montenvers
- Afternoon: Transfer with the Montenvers train to the Glacier "Mer de Glace". Visite of the Ice Cave "Mer de Glace"
- Transfer to Geneva by minibus